Aether (aka DJ Celtric) - Be the glitch in the matrix you want to see!

Aether , the dark matter of the new beginning. Active as DJ, collector & promotor since 1996. Former member of Belgian underground cre...

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Lucas Michalski - Path

Are you looking for something a bit different yet exciting in music? Some melodic guitar driven rock fire blended with modern electronic vibes? Sometimes more with thrilling bite and edge, sometimes more relaxing to let you step back and forget the world? In my music fist pumping twist meets atmospheric melodic sounds to create something unique.

My name is Lucas Michalski, music is my world, my path... I bring considerable 20+ years as a guitarist, composer and musician, my wealth of experience and passion for music. After a long journey as a guitarist in many different bands I decided to start my own solo project which is slightly different from the music I used to play for last years. Here it is. As I always try something different, I blend two worlds of rock guitars and atmospheric electronic music, trying to create and capture my own style and own unique sound. By working full throttle I always keep on working on new music, hoping to create enjoyment for my listeners and hoping to bring some emotions and value.

What were your beginnings like?


As far as I remember I always liked music, at the age of 13 I picked up the guitar and never put it down since. It certainly became huge part of my life.
Throughout these 24 years (and counting) of my music journey I went through many different bands playing live shows for years, recording albums EPs ect ... Finally in 2018 I decided to try something new. That was the begining of my solo project.

My music might be slightly different than most of the trending songs out there. In my music which is mostly instrumental I blend two worlds of fire rock guitars with atmospheric electronic vibes full of attitude.
How did I choose this path? For me it was natural process. As a guitarist I was playing in many different bands over the years, with smaller or bigger success. Like I mentioned earlier after years on stage playing live music, I decided to quit it all together and start doing something bit different. That`s how my solo project as well as entire LUMIC Studio were born. The initial idea was only to record some cover songs and upload them on sites like YouTube but quickly enough it developed to full project. After the first song called ‘Path’ which started it all, I instantly knew that this is the new music road for me where I can focus on my own music and create whatever I like.
Having said that, using samples and electronic beats in background music was kind of new thing for me at that time, giving me loads of fresh air as an artist. ‘Path’ started it all. This song is probably the most personal piece of music I wrote up to this day, bringing back so much memories and still giving me shivers on my back while listening.
Long story short, I was always playing guitar, I was always a rocker and metal head so guitar oriented music was always my thing (and still is)… My solo instrumental project is the thing that I love but with little twist added...
I understand that my music might not be everyone`s taste especially these days, but at least it`s mine, true and honest. And I want to keep it that way.

What inspires you?

That's a hard question to be honest... It depends on the situation I'm currently in I suppose.
But generally speaking the sound of the guitar, the energy, the rawness of rock music inspires me the most.
But having said that the other day it might be completely different thing...

Why do you make music?

Same again... I just love this way of expressing myself, I like creating in general, creating emotions. Music is my thing since early days and it was a natural thing for me to start making my own music at some point.
Plus I like being loud with my guitars... Yeeeeah!

What's the album or track of yours you're most proud of, and why?

It has to be song "Path" of my first solo EP "Time". Although it was the very first song that started it all and sound wise it's not the most professional record I made it's probably the most personal and the most emotional composition I've ever made, even up to this day.
It still gives me shivers on my back while listening to it.
It perfectly depicts the situation I was in, I was at the crossroads at that time, looking for my new path... And "Path" shows it all.
Maybe I'm not proud of the technical aspects of this song but proud of the actual song itself. A lot...

What are your nearest plans?

For years I run fully equipped, professional studio offering mix, mastering and audio production services so this my priority from business point of view. My own music is kind of limited timewise due to running the studio and focusing on client work first. But having said that about a week ago I released new song "Poor in Love" being a collaboration with good old music friend rock beast Barnaby Ensemble (which has been the first collaborative project in my career... but certainly not the last one though)

What is the nearest plan? I already started working on a new song which will be completely different from I've done before... Few people might raise their eyebrows asking the question "Is it still him??" But while recently being inspired by some specific times in music I really want to create something different which takes a lot from that music era. Don't want to say too much at this point but after releasing heavy and gloomy rock anthem "Poor in Love", my new release will touch completely different sounds ... So probably finishing new song will be my nearest plan when it comes to my own music.

What would you like to say to the world?

Either it`s big fat rock guitar or flute… guys… there`s still so much good music still to be written. Who knows, maybe your idea will move thousands or millions and become new immortal music anthem known for generations? You never know unless you`ll try! Don't be shy and express yourself with music, keep on creating... You never know what will happen.

What is your favorite drink?

It has to be either coffee or beer (depending what time of the day it is...)
I love both...

***

Grab the music at:
https://lucasmichalski.bandcamp.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment