Aether (aka DJ Celtric) - Be the glitch in the matrix you want to see!

Aether , the dark matter of the new beginning. Active as DJ, collector & promotor since 1996. Former member of Belgian underground cre...

Monday, August 1, 2022

VERFÜHRERVERGELTER / 900RPM - Eros Ion and the Golem

Battery powered blackened electronics - raw ambient melancholia.

Open for Splits/collabs.

What were your beginnings like?


One magic night I had the wine induced idea to make music by throwing rocks of various sizes into a running washing-machine. It was supposed to be a fun project and everyone I told about it had a good laugh. Then I got a sign: my washing machine broke. The time had come to bring that idea to life and so 900RPM was born. A couple of ambient washing-machine drone releases and live shows followed. This led me to noise and experimental music and opened my eyes and ears to the sonic capabilities of household appliances, random metal junk and everything that I hadn’t associated with “sound” before. After the Magnum opus of 900RPM was released (a 100-minute Soundtrack for the 1920 Silent Movie The Golem, how it came to life) the Band ceased to exist in 2021. After that I started my current Noise Project VERFÜHRERVERGELTER. 

What inspires you?

The Abyss inside my mind and in the minds of others. My music took a rather dark turn since VERFÜHERVERGELTER started and I very much like that. Peoples’ reactions are always a source of inspiration since they mostly compare my music to soundtracks and tell me about the movies they saw inside their minds during the show. It’s moments like these that I am after. Getting to know people and establishing a connection for a brief moment.  Next to that I admire Art in most of its forms. Recently I discovered some abstract and surrealist painters whose works had the same energy as my music. Something will emerge from this encounter.

Why do you make music?

My music is the best way I found so far to convey what words can’t. Next to music I do sculpturing and photography. But music and noise music in particular is the most suitable way to express myself, my feelings and thoughts. During my sessions I try to let myself be guided by my feelings and emotions as much as possible. It’s a personal, almost therapeutic approach but it works for me.

What's the album or track of yours you're most proud of, and why?

The Album I’m most proud of is the Golem Soundtrack because everything seemed way to big at the beginning, but two years later it ended up being released by a label.
The song I am most proud of is Eros Ion by VERFÜHRERVERGELTER. It’s simple yet sinister and it’s confronting you. 

What are your nearest plans?

The first VERFÜHRERVERGELTER Album is about to be released by Channel Forever. I plan to shoot a video for one of the songs. If I get the chance to play some more live shows I will do that.

What would you like to say to the world?


Sometimes it’s better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

What is your favorite drink?

Coffee in all of its’ glorious forms.

***

Get the music at
http://verfuehrervergelter.bandcamp.com/
http://channelforever.bandcamp.com/music
http://sublimeretreat.bandcamp.com/album/der-golem

No comments:

Post a Comment