Aether (aka DJ Celtric) - Be the glitch in the matrix you want to see!

Aether , the dark matter of the new beginning. Active as DJ, collector & promotor since 1996. Former member of Belgian underground cre...

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Third Eye Mutilation - The Locust Factory

"If existence is suffering then Creation is sin."

What were your beginnings like?


A coworker was talking up Logic one day. I hadn't really messed around with making music since high school, and that was just cutting up existing songs to make new ones. Downloaded a copy and started playing around with making my own MIDI loops. I was getting into stuff like Skullflower, Ramleh, and Control at the time, so a lot of my early experiments were in the melodic noise vein. This was circa 2014, I believe.

What inspires you?

I take a lot of cues from early industrial music, the biggest being to listen widely and find novel ways to use what you find. Constantly exploring new things and letting ideas cross-pollinate in my subconscious largely drives my creative process. Books are integral too. Ligotti, Poe, and Lovecraft are all seminal influences atmospherically. The unrelenting brutality of McCarthy's novels, the tragicomic surrealism of Beckett, the hallucinatory kaleidoscope of Burroughs, are all things I strive to capture in my songs. How successful I am in that is another matter, but the urge keeps me creating. And then there's drugs.

Why do you make music?

It's one of the few things in life I find fulfilling, to be honest.

What's the album or track of yours you're most proud of, and why?

The Locust Factory. I really like the vibe and since my music is largely instrumental, doing vocals and lyrics gave me a chance to outline some of the mythology behind The Locust Factory, which is the name of an overblown mosaic consisting of my early recordings.

What are your nearest plans?


I'd like to do another Muteant release soon. Also been doing a bit of writing lately in hopes of submitting to some horror publications. May or may not come to anything, but it's always nice watching ideas take form.

What would you like to say to the world?


I honestly don't have the words, and they'd fall on deaf ears.

What is your favorite drink?


Whiskey. But just the Irish ones, for some reason.

***

Grab the music at
http://thirdeyemutilation.bandcamp.com

Scraping Bone Barrels

No comments:

Post a Comment